I have a proven record of consistently taking a vision from concept to reality by creating and supporting collaborative teams and making connections across departments and organizations that benefit all.
● Programing and Events Coordinator, Community Educator
● Software Training Manager
● Project Manager of both technical computer projects and non-technical projects and events
● Marketing, Advertising, Branding and Public Relations
● Strong Customer Service background.
● Corporate and Retail Sales
● Human Resource management, including hire and fire responsibilities
● Small business experience that includes sales, purchasing, inventory and basic bookkeeping
Pandemic update: When our building closed on 3/13/20, the need for our services dramatically increased. I was able to move all of my community programs and classes on-line within 5 days of our shutdown and now have engagement numbers that exceed pre-shutdown statistics. I run 2 Discord server communities that host several weekly events. I was able to expand our esports programming and built a popular Minecraft server that features Creative, Survival, Mini-game and Education. I have also upgraded my content creation skills using Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) and DaVinci Resolve, Discord, and Zoom to stream events and classes, and continue to explore every avenue possible to serve the community.
Elmhurst Public Library, 2/2016 – currently employed
Teen Programming: I am proud to have transformed the EPL Teen Programming into a vibrant and successful series of regular and special events. The Teen Programs are well attended, and the quarterly programs (Esports, Sushi,
Make Your Own Root Beer, Cake Decorating, etc. ) regularly have waitlists. I am also proud of the Teen Advisors Program that has survived the pandemic and is currently engaged in online service projects and outreach to other teens.
Technology Specialist: As an EPL Technology Specialist, I interact with the public through individual technology assistance and general library assistance. My responsibilities include scheduling and teaching monthly technology classes. I have developed many new classes to expand the library’s curriculum and widen our market of potential attendees, including: 3D Printing, Google Docs, Slides, Maps for Seniors, Cloud Gaming, T Shirt Manufacturing, How to Spot Fake News, Chrome Extensions For Parents, and more.
York Technology Studio, 10/2000 to 1/2016
Managing Partner : YTS was an Internet software company that specialized in the creation and deployment of customized, web-based marketing and business solutions for both large and small customers, including many international clients. I was directly responsible for all aspects of the business, with an emphasis on new business development
and senior project management. YTS customers include major corporations such as American Airlines, Amtrak, Hertz Car Rentals, and General Motors, as well as numerous smaller organizations. International clients included national tourism bureaus from Hong Kong, Netherlands, Britain, Scotland, and Wales. My responsibilities included
client interface and system design, administrative and user training, project management, marketing and sales, human resource management, software design and community outreach. I possess extensive experience with Google Apps, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access Database, PaintShopPro, Quicken, HTML web pages, Cold Fusion, including Server Admin.
Ironbridge Software 6/1997 – 12/2000
Consultant: I was hired to bring website development capabilities to Ironbridge Software in 1997 when the Internet was a new frontier. I was responsible for marketing, software design, and project management of multiple web
projects. My position required computer experience with: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, Access Database, HTML web pages, and Cold Fusion.
Education and Awards
I am a committed life-long learner and am consistently enrolled in a course or exploration.
● Experience with media production via DiVinci Resolve, OBS, Discord, YouTube
● National Geographic Certified Educator
● Certified Minecraft Educator
● Certified Google Educator
● Experience with CAD design programs and 3D printing designs
● Formal training in a diversity of software programs; proficient in all Microsoft and Google products
● Finance and Marketing, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
● 2017 Those Who Excel – Award of Meritorious Service – Community Volunteer (Illinois State Board of
● 2014 INSPRA (IL National School Public Relations Assn) Distinguished Service Award of Excellence
● 2011 City of Elmhurst Character Counts Service Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service
Nonprofit & Volunteer Experience:
● Head of National Geographic Giant Traveling Map Team Designed and hosted events introducing over 5,000 students, staff and local families to geography via dozens of interactive and cultural experiences.
● PTA President (4 times)
● PTA Council Vice President for Programs and Community Forums
● District 205 School Board PTA Legislative Representative
● Cub Scout Pack 78 Packmaster and Den Leader Cub Scout Pack 78
● Certified Boy Scout Merit Badge Counselor for Reading, Family Life & Genealogy
● Girl Scout Leader
● City of Elmhurst Safe Routes to School Commission member